Tips to Maintain Your Car’s Air Conditioning System
After a busy Summer and a long-lasting heat wave, it’s time to give your AC some T.L.C. Here are some tips that will keep it running smoothly.
- Run the air conditioner once a week for about 10 minutes. This will maintain gas pressure to keep the compressor working properly. When you do this, be sure to turn it to its highest fan speed and coolest setting.
- Run defrost mode for about 5 to 10 minutes. This prevents mildew and cleans out excessive moisture, which can lead to unsavory odors in your car.
- Use your air conditioner in winter. In addition to cooling your vehicle, one of the air conditioner’s primary functions is to remove humidity from the cabin. It works especially well when you need to remove fog from the windshield to improve visibility.
- Re-charge your air conditioning system. Every two years refresh the cooling system with gas and lubricant.
- Get a full air conditioning service. Head to your Jiffy Lube® Service Center now to check your AC. Jiffy Lube does not recommend servicing systems with detected leaks or damage. The Jiffy Lube AC service is designed for periodic maintenance rather than AC repair, but rest assured Jiffy Lube can recommend the next steps to be taken to get your AC system up and running. Early detection of leaks or damage to your vehicle AC system can save you time and money, keeping you and everyone in your vehicle cool and worry free.
Save today with
Jiffy Lube Coupons
Sign up for email deals from your local Jiffy Lube
©2017 Jiffy Lube service centers are owned and operated by independent franchisees.